Sound and smell are the first senses you experience when stepping into Roscoe's, Italian music playing in the background and a wood fire burning, giving off pleasant aromas of organic, sustainable and local ingredients, completes the picture. Owner Edward has personally cut each brick of raw stone for one of the focal points of the room: the stone edifice above the bar. The counter is made of cypress wood, and just behind it is the second focal point: the brick oven. It's an upscale restaurant that isn't pretentious, drawing crowds of families, as well as couples, since May of 2009. Saturday breakfast is served from 10am - 2pm, and Sunday brunch 10am - 3pm.
- Fax: 301-920-0413
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 11am-10pm; Sat, 10am - 10pm; Sun, 10am - 9pm
- Handicap Accessible: Level with street
- Payments accepted: Cash, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Food & dining options: Low calorie, Organic, Vegan, Vegetarian
- General services: Phone orders
- Menu link: www.roscoespizzeria.com/menu.html
- Specialties: Neapolitan pizza
- Parking: On-street: free
- What makes this community special?: It's the "best and most laid-back, friendly" neighborhood Edward has ever worked in.
- Features: Dinner, Group-friendly, Kids' Menu, Lunch, Outdoor seating
- Atmosphere: Fun