Middle East Cuisine
In October 1969, at the age of nineteen, Fuad (Freddie) Hishmeh came to the United States with his brothers to start a restaurant business. From Bethesda to Georgetown to the 2001 opening of its most recent location in Takoma Park, Middle East Cuisine has been influenced by the flavors of both Freddie's birthplace and the United States. Middle East Cuisine's falafel recently won "best taste" at a University of Maryland contest with over 3,000 people in attendance. Currently, Freddie is working on another location and a new line of sandwiches, one of which includes parsley, hummus and beef.
Dine-in seating for forty is available, as well as a lounge in the back with free Wi-Fi. The restaurant bar's weekday happy hour is between 4:30pm and 7pm.
- Fax: 301-270-8521
- Hours: Mon - Sat, 11am - 9pm; Sun, 10am - 8pm
- Handicap Accessible: Level w/street
- Food & dining options: Halal
- General services: Catering, Eat-in, Phone orders, Prepared foods, Take-out
- Menu link: middleasterncuisine.com/
- Specialties: Kebob, shwarma, falafel
- ATM: No
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free
- Private events: Yes
- What makes this community special?: It's a "hometown" with friendly people, says Freddie, and you "get used to it and don't want to leave."
- Cuisine: Middle Eastern
- Price level: $
- Reservations: Accepted
- Number of tables: 12
- Features: Catering, Dinner, Group-friendly, Happy Hour, Lunch, Private Parties
- Atmosphere: Fun, Romantic