If you haven't gotten your Takoma Park city parking pass yet, there's still time. The deadline has been extended to July 9.
Takoma Park Police offer permits by mail, as well as in-person.
Residents should complete the form, which can be picked up from the Police Department or downloaded and printed from the Takoma Park Police Department web site.
In-person registration is available Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Takoma Park Police Department.
Here are the details:
- Permits by mail are for residences only, with a $1 charge for mailing and handling.
- In-person purchasing is required for businesses and for Area B permits.
- Residents should complete the form/application and return it, with payment, to the Police Department. Photocopies of the current vehicle registration card for each vehicle and a driver’s license for at least one owner must be submitted with this form. Attachments must show a current Takoma Park address in the requested permit area. Include day and evening phone numbers in case any questions arise in processing.
- A decal and year sticker for each registered vehicle will be mailed back within three business days of receipt. Two visitor parking permits will be included for each address.
- Businesses in the permit areas should submit the names of employees on company letterhead with their request. Not more than three employees’ permits are allowed. A home-based business must show evidence of a currently-operated business, which is current on payment of personal property taxes.
- A 50 percent discount is offered to hybrid or all-electric vehicles.
- Nine Area B permits are available on a first-come, first-served basis to residents living more than .75 miles from the Takoma Metro station. Area B permits will be issued on June 29 at 9 a.m.
- Questions regarding permit parking can be answered at 301-891-7102, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.