Check out these five things to know for Wednesday, July 27.
1. In case you missed it, the city of Takoma Park received for an urban design consultant to help with the New Hampshire Avenue corridor plans.
2. People came out yesterday to speak against the . We also spoke to County Executive Isiah Leggett about on the measure.
3. It'll be sunny and in the low 90s today, according to the National Weather Service, practically balmy compared to last week.
4. On this day in 1996 two people died in the Centennial Olympic Park bombing.
5. And on this day in 1995 Washington, D.C. unveiled the Korean War Veterans Memorial just south of the reflecting pool on the National Mall.