Here are five things to know for Monday, July 11.
1. I'm back from vacation. I was away all last week, but now I'm back and excited to dive back into what's going on in Takoma Park. We'd like to see your vacation pictures and vacation ideas so send them along to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Tonight's Takoma Park Council meeting will feature a hearing on whether to recommend it for a Class B liquor license. There will also be a public hearing.
3. It will be sunny and in the low 90s today according to the National Weather Service.
4. Five years ago today 209 people are killed in a series of bomb attacks in Mumbai, India.
5. One of my favorite writers, E.B. White was born on this day in 1899. He would have been 102 years old.