.

Unattended Stove Fire Sends Man to Hospital

The Friday night fire at 8606 Carroll Ave., Takoma Park, displaced 10 people, damaged 6 apartments, caused $500,000 in damages and sent one man to the hospital in serious condition.

A Friday night fire at 8606 Carroll Ave., Takoma Park, displaced 10 people, damaged six apartments and sent a 59-year-old man to a local trauma center in serious condition, according to the Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Service's Twitter feed (@MCFirePIO).

Firefighters arrived at the scene of the fire at about 8 p.m. on Friday. The fire began in an unattended pot on the stove of a second-floor apartment at 8606 Carroll Ave., according to the fire and rescue service's Twitter feed.

The fire caused about $500,000 worth of damages, according to the Twitter feed.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something