Lace up your running shoes and wrap around the scarf—Black Friday, the busiest shopping day of the year, is a mere 48 hours away.
Here's our Silver Spring shopping guide, with store hours and locations plus a little info about the deals. (Click on the link, if provided, to be connected to the store's Black Friday circular.)
- Target, 12000 Cherry Hill Road
- Opens at 9 p.m. Thanksgiving night and won't close until 11 p.m. Friday, Nov. 23.
- Coolest deal in the 33-page Black Friday ad: 32" Samsung LED TV for $247.99 (There's also a Target in Wheaton with similar hours and deals.)
- H&M, 8518 Fenton Street
- 7 a.m. to 9 p.m., Friday, Nov. 23
- Deal most likely to be worn at office holiday party: $5 fall sweaters and holiday dresses for women
- Home Depot, 2300 Broadbirch Drive
- 5 a.m. to 10 p.m., Friday, Nov. 23
- Deal with the shortest dry cycle: Buy two or more appliances and save between $50 and $500.
- Ulta, 914 Ellsworth Drive
- 12 a.m. to 10 p.m., Friday, Nov. 23
- Sleekest deal: Conair flat irons, blow dryers and curling irons for $9.99, regular price $19.99
- Sears, 11255 New Hampshire Ave.
- 8 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 22
- Sparkliest deal: $99.99 2-carat diamond jewelry, regular price $599.99
- LOFT, 922 Ellsworth Drive
- 9 a.m. to 10 p.m., Friday, Nov. 23
- No word on specific deals.
- Kohl's, 12024 Cherry Hill Road
- 12 a.m. to 12 a.m., Friday, Nov. 23
- Warmest deal: 60 percent off outerwear, regular prices ranging from $40 to $600
- DSW, 910 Ellsworth Drive
- 8 a.m. to 9 p.m., Friday, Nov. 23
- No word on specific deals, but the store is accepting donations for American Red Cross to benefit Hurricane Sandy victims until Nov. 30.
If you're planning on leaving Silver Spring, check out deals around Wheaton on Wheaton Patch. Westfield Montgomery Mall has announced the following Black Friday deals, according to Potomac Patch.
The Westfield Montgomery Mall will open at midnight on Nov. 23 for shoppers looking to get an early start. In addition to store specials, the mall will have hourly giveaways and an opportunity to win a $500 shopping spree. Many of the eateries in the food court will open at midnight as well.
Retail offers include:
- American Apparel -- 25 percent off entire store with a purchase of 4 items or more, midnight – 6 a.m.
- Banana Republic -- 40 percent off entire store.
- Build-a-Bear Workshop -- Door buster: $5 Snow Boy and Snow Girl, while supplies last.
- California Pizza Kitchen -- Buy a $100 gift card, get a $40 gift card for free, 8 a.m. – 10 p.m.
- Gap -- door buster event
- Guess -- 30 percent off entire purchase (some restrictions apply).
- J.Crew -- 25 percent off your entire purchase.
- Lucky Brand Jeans -- 30 percent off entire store, midnight – 10 a.m.
- Macy's -- Savings throughout the store.
- Michael Kors -- 25 percent off sale merchandise and other select items, midnight – 10 a.m