Hey Takoma Park! Look's like we've made it. Happy Friday!
Here’s a look at some of the things you need to know to be in the know and to get your weekend started right:
1. Summertime and the Livin’ is Easy: Our string of sensational weather continues today and into Saturday (just don’t look at Sunday’s forecast). The National Weather Service says to expect another day of low humidity, with a high of 84.
2. Less is More?: Reducing greenhouse gas emissions by 55 million metric tons by 2020 sounds like a great goal, right? What if we told you meeting that goal could mean higher energy costs? Click here to learn why.
3. ICYMI (In Case You Missed It): From the “News Nearby” files: The Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Service on Thursday released audio of the 911 call after a car plowed through the parking lot of the Sam's Club in Gaithersburg and into the store's food court Tuesday, injuring three people. Click here to hear the first call for help.
4. Whadda You Wanna to Do? I Dunno, Whadda You Wanna Do?: Need weekend plans? Get weekend plans, including details on a party to help connect troops with post-traumatic stress disorder or traumatic brain injury with trained service or therapeutic companion dogs.
5. Big Superhero Blockbuster: Not feeling the weekend planner? How ‘bout a much-anticipated movie opening? (Especially if you peeked at that weather forecast for, say, after noon on Saturday. Don’t say we didn’t warn you.) Where to see The Wolverine, The Conjuring or another summer flick? Check our “Movie Fridays” guide.
For more to do this weekend and beyond, check out the Patch events calendar.