Hey Takoma Park! Welcome to Tuesday!
Here’s a look at some of the things you need to know to be in the know in Takoma Park today:
1. If You Liked Monday: Then you’ll love Tuesday! Our string of sensational weather is predicted to continue today (Wednesday, er, not so much). The National Weather Service says to expect another day with a light breeze and a high of 84.
2. A Case of the Mondays: “Meatless Mondays,” that is. Are you one such person on Monday—or everyday? Let us know what you think of the Montgomery County Council’s latest proclamation. Is there any meat to it or is it a bunch of baloney?
3. ICYMI (In Case You Missed It): From the “News Nearby” files: The victims of an animal cruelty case in Rockville are to be laid to rest today in Reisterstown.
4. Nuke Free in TP: The Nuclear-Free Takoma Park Committee meets at 7:30 p.m. in the Hydrangea Room of the Takoma Park Community Center, at 7500 Maple Ave.
5. Let Me Leave You Swinging: Want to bring the old schoolyard to your backyard? Does your kid want to kick hard for the sky? So what’s the going rate for a swing set anyway?
For a full list of things to do this week, check out the Patch events calendar.