G’ morning, Takoma Park!
Welcome to a terrific Tuesday!
Here’s a look at some of the things you need to know to be in the know in Takoma Park today:
1. Hold On Hope: (Long live GBV!) If you can hold on one more day, the National Weather Service says to expect a chance of showers and thunderstorms today with cooler temperatures settling in for the remainder of the week.
2. Jazz Jams and Home Movies: Looking to get out tonight? Just cross the border into DC for the Real Book Jazz Jam at Takoma Station. Or, if you feel like traveling a bit further into the District, the Washington DC JCC presents Israel: A Home Movie. Director Eliav Lilti presents home movie footage from the 1930s through the 1970s documenting Palestine and Israel's formation.
3. You Said It: Our “Brief History of Speed Camera Vandalism in Maryland,” struck a chord with a few readers. Steve Kolbe asked whether the cameras were “’solving, a problem that doesn't really exist? Creating more risk to public safety than they prevent?” Others agreed, including “Dave,” who wrote: “The only 'problem' these cameras are intended to solve is the politicians not having enough money.” Read more thoughts on speed cameras and share your own here.
4. ICYMI: Read It Here Before You See it On ESPN: Roger Federer is a really cool guy to hang out with. (Oh and he’s kind of good at tennis too.)
5. Obama-share: Got questions on how Maryland plans on implementing the new federal health care law? Representatives from Montgomery County will answer questions about what the Affordable Care Act means for Maryland at forums around the county. The first is next week in Silver Spring.
For a full list of things to do this week, check out the Patch events calendar.